All fragrances are vegan, except as noted.
GHOST STORIES FOR CHRISTMAS by M R JAMES
- A Warning to the Curious - An ominous heavy seaside mist, wet sand, driftwood, grey amber, bone musk, oleander, & a spectral presence looming just out sight. Full text of the story
- Casting the Runes - Hot toddies around a roaring bonfire, rum-spiked nog, cardamom, nutmeg, & hot cocoa. Full text of the story
- Stalls of Barchester Cathedral - Roast hazelnuts, freshly polished cathedral woodwork, a figure carved from the wood of the Holywood Hanging Tree, golden amber, & aged patchouli. Full text of the story
- The Ash-Tree - Branches of an ash tree scratching at glass windowpanes, cold night wind, bourbon vanilla, alderwood, white patchouli, crushed candy canes, lily of the valley, & skeletal musk. Full text of the story
- Whistle and I'll Come to You - Peppermint, rosemary, basil, salty sea air, tangled bedclothes from sleepless night, birchwood, & pine. Full text of the story
NEW - HOLIDAY SEASONAL BATH & BODY SCENTS:
- Cider Barrels - Spiked apple cider, oak barrels, & blonde cedarwood. (Bath/Body only)
- Winter Wonderland - Sparkling ginger aldehydes, spiced peppermint tea, vanilla orchid, & sugar musk. (Bath/Body only)
- Yule Log - Sweet English lavender, pine boughs, & a crackling Yule log in the fireplace. (Bath/Body only)
- NEW Oak Moon (Dec) - Brandy, oakwood, chestnuts, galbanum, golden vanilla, & holly leaves.
- NEW Beaver Moon (Nov) - Vegan castoreum accord, vanilla bean tincture, smoked resins, worn leather, dried fruits, guaiacwood, & brown fur musk.
- Hunter's Moon (Oct) - An ode to Diana, lunar goddess of the Hunt: Moonflower, tonka bean, honeyed amber, sandalwood, tolu balsam, oud, & rich golden spice.
- Harvest Moon (Sep) - Ripe blackberries and raspberries, boozy davana, toffee, smoked sea salt, red pine & cocoa ganache.
- Blue Moon (Aug) - Poolside aquatic with notes of white leather, jasmine, iso E Super, & blue musk.
- Summer Moon (July) - Golden sugar, salty sun-touched skin, tonka bean, & velvety ambergris.
- Rose Moon (June) - Charred cedar, bonfires, marshmallow and a single long-stem red rose.
- Strawberry Moon (May) - Strawberry ice cream, tea roses, & orris-infused honey musk.
- Milk Moon (April) - Coconut milk, creamy white florals, a hint of peach & velvety white musk.
- Grass Moon (March) - Fresh-cut grass, chilled fruit salad, tulip, clover, night-blooming phlox, pale-green curls of new spring ivy growth & honeyed musk.
- Death Moon (February) -
- New Snow Moon (January) - Frozen vanilla, silvered amber, frosted evergreen tips, the dormant promise of spring beneath a blanket of snow & a hint of worn leather.
ANNIVERSARY 2023: HAGSPLOITATION SERIES
Bring Me the Axe! - Freshly chopped-down orange trees, metallic iron axe, nocturnal primrose, torn up garden soil, & vintage musk. (Inspired by Mommie Dearest, starring Faye Dunaway as a heavily-fictionalized Joan Crawford.)
I've Written A Letter to Daddy - Pancake makeup, faded sheet music, warm footlights, sweet Rose de mai, violet, California redwood, vetiver, oakmoss, & a crumbling façade of former stardom. (Inspired by Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?, starring Bette Davis as Baby Jane Hudson, along with the real Joan Crawford as Jane's older sister, Blanche.)
Ready for My Close-Up - Gin, a stuffy drawing room, long-stemmed red roses, black lilies, orris butter, & ambrette. (Inspired by Sunset Boulevard, starring Gloria Swanson as Norma Desmond.)
FALL PART TWO
A Menacing Misfit - Tea olive, peach, Chambord liqueur, creamy sandalwood, & suede.
Curse of Blackwood Manor - Cured golden tobacco, velvety rose, Calla lily accord, mahogany, merlot, vintage chypre, & smoked toffee.
Reliquary - Precious resin incense burning in an ancient cathedral: frankincense, styrax, opoponax, myrrh and benzoin; snuffed-out candles, & warm polished woodwork.
Terra Incognita - Cetalox & soil.
The Chased & Unchaste - Zingy pumpkin spice, smooth amaretto, hazelnuts, vanilla orchid, tawny musk, & aged agarwood.
The Gilded Cage - Bananas Foster, French vanilla, golden amber, & sandalwood musk
Whispers in the Forest - Spruce, juniper, fir, pine, pumpkin spice latte, & sinister ebony musk.
WOMEN IN DRESSES RUNNING FROM HOUSES
(This is an annually-evolving fragrance, with a new version debuting each year, usually in Fall.)
Women in Dresses Running from Houses 2023 - Caramelized sugar, a roaring bonfire, heliotrope, aged patchouli, & spicy Daphne blossoms.
Women in Dresses Running from Houses 2022 - Caramelized sugar, a roaring bonfire, aged patchouli, scarlet amber, & 'Witchfire' dianthus blossoms.
Women in Dresses Running from Houses 2021 - Caramelized sugar, a roaring bonfire, heliotrope, aged patchouli, and a hint of violet. Limited Stock
Women in Dresses Running from Houses 2020 (original version) - Gooey marshmallows over a roaring bonfire, heliotrope, aged patchouli, and a whisper of anise. Limited Stock
NEW - FALL SEASONAL BATH & BODY SCENTS:
- Harvest Home - Honeycrisp apple, allspice, nutmeg, pumpkin puree, & warm amber musk. (Bath/Body only)
- Pumpkin Pie - Whipped cream, pumpkin custard, spices and warm pie crust. (Bath/Body only)
- Pumpkin Spice Latte - Espresso, steamed milk, pumpkin puree, spices. (Bath/Body only)
FOLK HORROR SERIES
A Woodland Walk - Things always start out so innocently… Hemlock, black spruce, woodland musk, oud & a chunky cableknit sweater.
- Fiend in the Furrows - Red apple, nutmeg, red musk, fresh vanilla bean pods, spiced toffee & burnt sugar.
Ghost in the Stones - Moss-covered ring of standing stones, dark patchouli & eldritch black musk.
- Our Days Bewitched -Walnuts, brandy, roasted cocoa beans, copal, cardamom, labdanum, black vanilla, & aged oak barrels.
- The Old Gods Survive - Cherry pipe tobacco, golden amber, aged leather, oakmoss & old cedar chests.
- Won't Bring Back Your Apples - "Don't you see that killing me is not going to bring back your apples?" Juicy apples, peaches and cream, lavender, neroli, bee pollen (vegan accord), burning straw & a giant wicker effigy.
HALLOWEEN 2023 SERIES
Bedsheet Ghost - Crisp freshly-ironed white sheets & a pumpkin pail full of Halloween candy, over a haunted honey musk base.
- El Baile de los Muertos - Horchata, marigolds, cane sugar, coffee, golden vanilla, katsura leaves & lacquered oak. (Note: Visible separation is due to the presence of all-natural cocoa absolute. Shake before use for fullest scent profile.)
Spectral Bride - White amber, caramel, smoked vanilla, & blonde woods.
- The Devil's Due - Ginger tea, heliotrope, amaretto, Turkish coffee, & tolu balsam.
- Witching Night - Crunchy fallen maple leaves, blackstrap molasses, golden yuzu zest, Iso E Super, tonka bean, salted pralines, green patchouli & black alderwood musk.
Limited Editions and Seasonal Releases:
Lughnasadh Fires - Juicy apples, red currants, Lammas loaves, marigold, oakwood, smoked vanilla. (Seasonal Limited Release) Limited Stock
- Luna Violacea OUT OF STOCK - Violet, green tea, clary sage, rose geranium, evergreen boughs, white patchouli, vetiver and sweet amber musk. An inadvertent creation when a batching error of An Accidental Interloper added a lovely, diffusive violet note to the mix.
- Samhain Fires - Frankincense, Sichuan pepper, cypress, blonde tobacco, grey musk, cade & bonfire-smoked vanilla. (Seasonal Limited Release)
- Corridor of Whispers - Neroli, vanilla orchid, tonka bean, dark patchouli, sandalwood, & sheer golden amber.
- Eigengrau - German term for 'intrinsic grey' referring to the off-black dark grey seen by the eyes in perfect darkness. Eigengrau is a neutral yet multi-faceted skin scent with a Cetalox base, featuring additional tones of ambergris, old wood, and faintly sweet musky-amber.
- Ghostwood Forest - Cherry pie from the Double-R Diner, Douglas fir, fresh Pacific NW forest air, cozy sweaters, & coffee as "black as midnight on a moonless night."
- Jack With One Eye - Apricot, tuberose, jasmine, orris, lacquered wood, red lipstick, suede, & musk.
- Out of the Crypt - Dirt single note
- The Delicate Vice - English lavender, a touch of forest air, vanilla, and sweet ambery skin musk.
- This Is Your Shiny Gold Shovel - Pina colada, green banana, tiare blossom, tropical sandalwood, & golden amber.
Lemonade Stand 2023:
- Lemonade: Sweet, sugary, fresh lemonade with a hint of lemon myrtle and citrus musk.
- Buttermint Lemonade: Buttery mints, lemonade, and a slice of lemon cake.
- Ginger Tea Lemonade: Fresh ginger, black tea, lemonade.
- Orange Flower Lemonade: Orange Flower water, lemonade.
- Rosewater Lemonade: Rosewater, lemonade.
- Strawberry Lemonade: Fresh strawberries, lemonade, and a bowl of strawberry-vanilla ice cream.
- All Your Lovely Words - Dried ginger root, zesty elemi, chai spices, split cedar logs, Siberian iris bulbs, Peru balsam & radiant rosewood amber.
- An Accidental Interloper - Green tea, clary sage, rose geranium, evergreen boughs, white patchouli, vetiver and sweet amber musk. (Formerly known as Prototype 27.)
- And to All A Good Night - Sugary and gently-spiced holiday cookies fresh from the oven and drizzled with caramel, creamy egg nog spiked with coffee liqueur and sprinkled with a dash of nutmeg and cardamom, & the smooth, pale, aged wood of a well-loved rolling pin.
- Après-ski - Hot buttered rum by the fireplace, golden amber, blonde wood and the warm glow of 'gemütlichkeit'. (Non-vegan, contains butter CO2)
- Autumn Morning - Warm mug of hot chocolate, bowl of slightly spiced oatmeal, bouquet of carnations, and a cozy blanket on your lap.
- Bewitching Amber - A darker take on classic amber with labdanum, non-gourmand vanilla, woody vetiver, pine bark, cardamom & sandalwood musk.
- Boreal - A dark, green forest scent featuring artemesia, juniper, Douglas fir needles, black spruce, and woodland musk.
- Cathedral of Trees - Crisp cold air, cedar tips, pine boughs, towering fir and spruce, snow-strewn forest floor, & smoke-less sacred resins of frankincense and myrrh.
- Come to the Circus - Apricot tea, saddle leather, violet pastilles, red musk & white amber.
- Diabolik - Black licorice, frankincense Papyrifera, lightly singed lemonwood, sweet benzoin & onyx musk.
- Drunken Jack - Oak barrels, spiced whiskey, pumpkin, and vanilla sugar.
- Eagle Hill Cemetery - An ivy-covered mausoleum, old paving stones, cool damp soil, a creaky iron gate, faded bouquets, & the spark of a match freshly-lit to see your way.
- Embrace - A kindly kitchen witch invites you in from the cold, feeds you pumpkin shortbread with butter, apricot preserves, and brown sugar & then sends you safely on your way. (Non-vegan, contains butter CO2)
- Ensnare - Deep in the dark woods, a witch lures you inside with the promise of maple sugar sweets, then locks the door behind, trapping you inside her lair. Rich dark oud, labdanum, maple, and a line of black salt along the windowsill.
- Et in Arcadia - Cardamom pods, walnut husks, warm oakwood, dragonsblood resin, smooth tobacco & aged patchouli.
- First Date - Glassy cherry-orange lip gloss, a sprinkle of cocoa powder over a vanilla milkshake, & a hint of softly-sweet, clean skin musk.
- Fortune Favors - Apple peels, poached red Bartlett pears, black cherry cider, vanilla caramels & smoked applewood musk.
- Hall of Mirrors - Pistachio gelato, buzzy neon, plastic Halloween masks, crushed hay, hot iron, cream soda spilled onto uneven floorboards and worn leather boots.
- Hallowed Ground - Rich soil, damp air, slowly decaying wood, black honey, dark chocolate, soft moss, and a thread of precious resin incense smoke.
- Harvest Cakes - Cinnamon sugar crumble over moist yellow cake.
- Haunted Hills - Juicy red apples, creamy caramel, wicked dark musk, black pepper, vetiver, and a sprinkle of baking spices.
- Hauntology - Ozone, olibanum, the air in a closed up kitchen cupboard that might once have held raisins and dried apricots, ambergris, burled briarwood, & the lost futures of a home abandoned. (Ambergris accord is a vegan reconstruction.)
- House on Widows Hill - Brandy as plummy as Roger Collins' accent, old oak paneling, dusty thick carpets, a thread of incense & a roaring fire in the hearth.
- Ignis - Raspberries, fresh ginger, smoky aloeswood, pale blond tobacco leaves & fiery red musk.
- Mark of the Moon - Golden champaka, sweet spices, Peruvian myrrh, white copal, patchouli, & tonka bean.
- Moon Dust - An oversized pink cosmetic powder puff, soft orchids, angora cardigans, blonde tobacco, oakmoss, blushing vanilla & vintage nitro-style musk. (Formerly known as Prototype 16)
- Night Shift - Black frankincense, engine grease from a long late shift, smoke, ash, blackened wood, and a hint of leather. Good on its own or for layering.
- Playing Hooky - Bubblegum, cardamom, dried fruit, cherry Kool-Aid powder, dead leaves, & amber woods. (Formerly known as Prototype 33)
- Portrait of Josette - Ethereal white amber, dry wood of a long-abandoned seaside house, a hint of orris, and the lingering memory of jasmine perfume.
- Sanctuary - Bright pink pepper and sage over sweet orange, resinous incense, polished cedar, grounded vetiver, and freshly steeped green tea leaves.
- Sonnet X - Black vanilla, white amber, and a single snowdrop pressed between the pages of an old album.
- South Star - Sweet creamy peach, vanilla beans, liatrix, & a woody-ambrette accord, all topped off with a hint of cinnamon.
- Still Life - Emerging into light from the shadows of an oil painting, so realistic you can almost taste them, lie juicy pears, tart apricots, peeled mandarins, a jar of blackcurrant jam, & a basket of sweet, fluffy pastries.
- The Phantom Room - Cherry tobacco, honeyed almonds, red currants, cocoa butter, & vanilla balsam.
- The Widow in White - Meyer lemon, white grapefruit, orange blossom, sandalwood and vanilla.
- Toasted Marshmallow - Sweet, gooey marshmallow with just a touch of caramel and woody smoke.
- When What to My Wondering Eyes - Peppermint candy stick swirled into a rich dark chocolate mocha, jazzed up with a festive holiday splash of Irish cream.
- Wicked Fascinations - Melting blood orange creamsicle, marjoram, dry tobacco, plaster, sunbleached wood benches, & ambrette.
The Archives (discontinued, sold out, and retired scents):
- Beltane Fires - Hawthorn blossom, smoked vanilla, cedar, salt. (Seasonal Release, returning in 2024)
- Long Winter's Nap - Sweet dreams of candied citrus, a touch of sparkling ginger aldehydes, smooth herbaceous lavender, and a gently-honeyed sweet skin musk with a hint of beeswax. (Discontinued due to material unavailability)
- Love At First Bite - Warm, whipped cream-topped pumpkin pie & smoked lavender. (Gift With Purchase exclusive release - Oct 13-15, 2023)
- That First Fall Day - Wet leaves, concrete, autumn rain, cozy musk & the first Pumpkin Spice Latte of the season. (Gift With Purchase exclusive release - Sep 21-23, 2023)